We finally gave Niels his first haircut last week, in time for Christmas. We had resisted for a long time, not wanting to get rid of all the curls. But he was pushing the hair out of his eyes a lot, and that was a rather pitiful sight to see. So, we took it upon ourselves to trim down his bangs and shorten the rest of it. Neither Tara nor I have a clue what we are doing, but she took up the scissors and the challenge. Meanwhile I distracted him with legos and took a few pictures.
She did a pretty good job, not cutting it too short and avoiding the "toddler bowl cut." His curls will return soon enough with time and humidity (central heating just flattens 'em). But it's really quite staggering how much more boy and less baby he looks now.
Before

Huh, what? Oh yeah, "Before"

During

After
1 comment:
wow! he sure has grown!
adorably so, I should add.
Thanks for posting the new pics....makes me feel slightly in the loop :D
(sorry I haven't caught up very well personally)
Post a Comment