Saturday, January 3, 2009

December at Home

For those of you whom we haven't talked to recently, we had a really rough month in December. At the beginning of the month, I broke my foot after being hit by a car while bicycling. Given the situation, I'm thankful that nothing worse happened. But I've been stuck on crutches ever since. Obviously it's been rough on Tara as well, since my ability to contribute around the house and take care of Niels has been limited. We've managed to get by, and did make it out to St. Louis for Christmas with Tara's whole clan. But the blogging has suffered to say the least.

Niels hasn't seemed to particularly notice the difference, mind you. But he is noticing a lot of other things. He has been looking longingly at our food as we eat lately to be sure; expect some action photos of his first attempts at eating in the near future. He's also been working hard at sitting and standing. The concept of balance eludes him yet, but we are nice enough to keep propping him back up.

I'll write another post about our trip to St. Louis shortly. Also, my brother Stewart just started a family blog as well if you want to look-see: http://stewartburns.blogspot.com/.


I might be couch-bound, but my throwin' bones still work.


Our buddy Chris helped out. Here he is providing a lap for sleeping.


He's figured out that fingers taste good.


As, apparently, do giant bees.


A new toy sheep for xmas from Pops. Soft and fuzzy and a bell inside!

No comments: