Sunday, September 21, 2008

Live from St. Louis

Last weekend (okay, we're a touch late posting), we took the first big family trip out to St. Louis. We were there to attend a memorial service for Tara's grandmother, who passed away just a few days after Niels, her third great-grandchild, was born.

The airplane trip started out poorly, with details I shan't go into here, but Niels settled in well and slept the whole way once we got in the air. Once in St. Louis, he was a perfect little angel--we think the humidity made him a bit dopey. And he got to meet all sorts of new relatives.

At the ol' homestead


Grandpa and Uncle JoeB


Aunt Heather and Uncle Pete


The exciting Zoo Train


Nap time



Also, while we were there, Tara pulled out her old baby pictures. I was pretty amazed how much baby Tara looks like baby Niels...much more so than she looks like adult Tara.

Newly born and almost as much hair as Niels


With her jawline obscured, I would've thought this was Niels


Tara with her Mom and Deirdre

No comments: